Python Software Development
With the rising popularity of Python, DataArt is well suited to help you. In the constantly changing technology landscape, more and more companies come to rely on the flexibility and power of Python instead of Java frameworks or Microsoft .NET. The key reason to consider using Python over the Microsoft stack is the licensing cost and a closed source code. While Java has a powerful virtual machine, its programming language is lagging behind as it's controlled by Oracle, and many companies turn to Python.
Several reasons to consider Python:
- Easily accessible platform documentation
- Lots of well-maintained libraries
- Powerful GUI frameworks: PyGTK, PyQt, wxPython
- Reliable web frameworks: Django, Zope, CherryPy
- Out-of-the-box availability on Mac OS X/Linux/FreeBSD platforms
- Powerful IDEs: Eclipse with PyDev, PyCharm
- Easy to learn
- Easy to use cloud hosting: Google App Engine (GAE)
- Simple way of distributing python packages using Python Eggs
DataArt has solid expertise in using Python for a variety of applications: web development (Django, Zope, CherryPy), GUI applications, scripting, back-end development, natural language processing, distributed calculations, map-reduce, big data scenarios. Python is the right choice for rapid prototyping and for design and development in rapidly changing environments: using free IDE, such as PyDev for Eclipse and free account on Google App Engine, you can develop and publish your application for a trial run with no licensing or hosting fees.
In embedded platforms, which quickly gain popularity, Python can be used as a language of choice for applications like robotics, clean tech, home automations, telecom, telemetry.
Tip of the day: Python + HTML5 + Google App Engine = Good kit for building rich web applications for desktops and tablets!