Social Engineering Test
Nowadays social engineering is often used by attackers to access a company’s confidential data. People are the key part of all processes in an organization and are regularly becoming the primary gateway to any sensitive information.
Here at DataArt, we offer realistic social engineering campaigns for companies looking to assess their employees and associated security policies. The goal of a social engineering attack simulation is to identify the level of social engineering threat awareness among company personnel.
Why Undergo a Social Engineering Test?
DataArt’s social engineering assessments will help clients:
- Understand the level of a company vulnerability to social engineering attacks;
- See if an organization’s email filters catching targeted phishing emails;
- Prepare and train employees against similar attacks.
DataArt’s Social Engineering Services
DataArt offers core social engineering services that designed to test human susceptibility to persuasion and manipulation:
- Email Phishing. During the social engineering attack simulation, DataArt prepares and distributes targeted phishing emails to company employees selected for the attack. The emails will trick the users into performing certain actions that would disclose sensitive information that might be useful for an attacker. Our security experts can also provide our clients with spear-phishing – a highly targeted form of phishing that involves bespoke emails being sent to well-researched victims.
- Telephone Vishing. DataArt places several phone calls impersonating system administrators, reception staff, or other relevant people, requesting information that can be used during future attacks.
Once a social engineering test is done, DataArt provides a client with a detailed report that includes the employee response rate across various departments and a comparison of these numbers with industry average values. The final report also outlines remediation steps directing our client in resolving the issues identified.
Social Engineering Methodology
Social Engineering Approaches
DataArt’s social engineering test can be done using either black box or white box methods.
- Black Box social engineering assessment focuses on conducting targeted attacks with ZERO prior knowledge from the client. For this type of test, DataArt’s security specialist gathers E-mail addresses, phone numbers, and any other information available from social media or third-party associations to develop realistic attack vectors.
- White Box social engineering test is conducted with the knowledge of the targets a client wishes to be tested. A White Box Test can be accomplished in a much quicker time frame when compared to a Black Box Test. White box social engineering assessment helps our clients to learn how much damage could occur from leaked data or a rogue insider.
Social Engineering tests performed by DataArt can help you to take better technical, human, and infrastructural measures to reduce the chance of a potential attack.