Cloud Security Testing Services
DataArt is your trusted security expert that can help you with a full spectrum of cloud security services. DataArt has hundreds of certified cloud experts and maintains active partnerships with all major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. DataArt’s cloud security experts review cloud environments to ensure risks are identified, managed, and reduced as well as consult on upcoming cloud migration projects.
Our Cloud Security Services
Cloud Security Audit
The cloud audit is a “white box” infrastructure review and testing activity. The goals of cloud audit are:
- Check the cloud environment security settings and controls.
- Examine the environment and reveal any security gaps and issues.
- Report on the finding and suggest improvements.
Benefits of Cloud Security Audit
Regularly performed cloud security audits enable organizations to:
- Find non-addressed security gaps and issues
- Verify that security controls are implemented in line with industry best practices and a company’s policy
- Plan against the possibility of an outage from a Cloud provider
- Improve the security position and follow the compliance rules.
DataArt’s cloud assessment framework consists of four phases:
- Information gathering. The DataArt’s cloud security assessment team reviews and analyzes clients’ security-related documentation to identify the architecture of the cloud, the types of deployed services, and the security controls used as well as the key people and processes.
- Interviews. DataArt arranges interviews with the key people responsible for the cloud: network engineers, technical architects, leads of support and maintenance teams, security, and compliance officers.
- Manual and automated assessment. Our experts perform an automated assessment of the cloud infrastructure to validate the existing security controls. The assessment team also inspects and analyzes the whole setup manually, either via a web console or cloud-provided APIs.
- Reporting. At the final step of the audit, we collaborate with a client’s cloud team on disputable findings and create an audit report which includes the executive summary section, description of methodology, definition of audit scope, and prioritized overview of issues
Cloud Security Audit FAQs:
How Long Does a Cloud Security Audit Project Last?
The average cloud security audit performed by DataArt is completed within 1-3 weeks. The timeline may depend on a project scope.
How Often Should a Cloud Security Audit Be Performed?
We recommend scheduling an annual cloud security audit. Otherwise, a company should undergo it when there occurs a significant change that impacts the organization’s cloud security environment.
Does a Cloud Security Audit Require an Onsite Visit?
The cloud security audit performed by DataArt doesn’t require an onsite visit. Cloud vendors usually provide convenient APIs and other interfaces (command-line and web) for remote interactions and special user roles and permissions for performing audits.
What Resources Are Required from My Company When Undergoing a Cloud Security Audit?
Several hours of your personnel’s time for interview and the read-only access to the cloud CLI and console.
Cloud Penetration Testing
Cloud penetration test is a controlled process that simulates a real attack from a malicious user against a system that is hosted on a Cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Microsoft’s Azure). There are three models of cloud services: Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and all of them are vulnerable to security breaches and threats.
Why Do You Need a Cloud Pentest?
Your company’s cloud environment may be poorly configured, which can risk the application safety and result in revenue loss for your company. Cloud penetration testing gives your organization a deeper view of the attack surface your system is exposed to. Moreover, a detailed report with remediation advice will help you to secure your cloud configuration in the future.
DataArt offers a combination of internal and external penetration testing to survey the infrastructure targets and evaluate your company’s protection level in the cloud. Our pentest is not limited to assessing the underlying infrastructure of the application, but it is aimed to test how each application performs and communicates with each other whilst in action. Cloud penetration testing is focused on the following main sectors:
- Attack Surface Analysis that determines the overall exposure of your cloud environment to various entry points such as public subnets, web portals, API gateways, S3 buckets, VPNs, etc.
- Handling authentication and authorization. In order to ensure that your cloud system is protected we pay attention to such things as: perimeter protection, identity and access management, overly permissive policies, reliable audits trails.
- Network, host, and application security. DataArt’s pentests help to validate effectiveness of network isolation, ensure security of individual VMs or cluster environments, as well as test that applications are immune from common attack vectors.
- Databases and storage systems. There’s a risk that confidential data could be accessed by unauthorized users, thus performing regular pentests ensure that storages are not exposed and the confidentiality and integrity of your company's data are guaranteed. Encryption helps to protect sensitive data whilst audit establishes the fact of access to it (who, when, where and why used it).
DataArt’s cloud penetration testers have a wealth of experience across numerous industries for businesses of all sizes across the UK, Europe, and the USA. Find out more about DataArt approach to penetration testing.
Cloud Security Consulting
Despite the fact that cloud providers can boast offering strong security controls, most of them operatу on a Shared Security Responsibility model, which means that it is you and your employees who are eventually responsible for securing your company’s workloads in the cloud. The data you put on the cloud or connect to the cloud should be well-protected, thus the volume of security configuration work for your firm varies depending on the number of selected services and the level of sensitivity for your data.
Our cloud security consultants work closely with your team to design and implement cloud transformation projects that ensure your business is secure in the cloud. Our aim is to help you understand your current cloud security posture and assist with creating cloud security guidelines tailored to meet the unique needs of your organization.
The DataArt’s cloud security experts help to:
- Discover which cloud controls are currently in place and develop a cloud security strategy that supports your business goals.
- Assess your company’s current security posture and identify whether the configuration of cloud environments have been set up in line with the industry security best practices.
- Comply with the world-known standards and regulations necessary for your business.
DataArt’s cloud security experts have full stack security experience and can help your team to set up secure cloud configurations as well as test your running applications in the cloud.