Cloud Security Audit
As more and more organizations migrate sensitive information and services to cloud environments, cloud security continues to be a top cloud challenge. How can an organization validate that their security practices in AWS, Azure, or GCP are effective?
DataArt is your trusted security expert that can help you with cloud security audits. The cloud audit is a «white box» infrastructure review and testing activity. The goals of cloud audit are:
- Check the cloud environment security settings and controls.
- Examine the environment and reveal any security gaps and issues.
- Report on the finding and suggest improvements.
Benefits of Cloud Security Audit
Regularly performed cloud security audits enable organizations to:
- Find non-addressed security gaps and issues
- Verify that security controls are implemented in line with industry best practices and a company’s policy
- Plan against the possibility of an outage from a Cloud provider
- Improve the security position and follow the compliance rules.
DataArt has hundreds of certified cloud experts and maintains active partnerships with all major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. DataArt’s cloud security experts review cloud security services to ensure risks are identified, managed, and reduced as well as consult on upcoming cloud migration projects.
DataArt’s cloud assessment framework consists of four phases:
1. Information gathering. The DataArt’s cloud security assessment team reviews and analyzes clients’ security-related documentation to identify the architecture of the cloud, the types of deployed services, and the security controls used as well as the key people and processes.
2. Interviews. DataArt arranges interviews with the key people responsible for the cloud: network engineers, technical architects, leads of support and maintenance teams, security, and compliance officers.
3. Manual and automated assessment. Our experts perform an automated assessment of the cloud infrastructure to validate the existing security controls. The assessment team also inspects and analyzes the whole setup manually, either via a web console or cloud-provided APIs.
4. Reporting. At the final step of the audit, we collaborate with a client’s cloud team on disputable findings and create an audit report which includes the executive summary section, description of methodology, definition of audit scope, and prioritized overview of issues.
Cloud Security Audit FAQs:
How Long Does a Cloud Security Audit Project Last?
The average cloud security audit performed by DataArt is completed within 1-3 weeks. The timeline may depend on a project scope.
How Often Should a Cloud Security Audit Be Performed?
We recommend scheduling an annual cloud security audit. Otherwise, a company should undergo it when there occurs a significant change that impacts the organization’s cloud security environment.
Does a Cloud Security Audit Require an Onsite Visit?
The cloud security audit performed by DataArt doesn’t require an onsite visit. Cloud vendors usually provide convenient APIs and other interfaces (command-line and web) for remote interactions and special user roles and permissions for performing audits.
What Resources Are Required from My Company When Undergoing a Cloud Security Audit?
Several hours of your personnel’s time for interview and the read-only access to the cloud CLI and console.