DataArt’s Media & Entertainment practice has a proven track record of successful development and implementation of sophisticated solutions and proprietary systems for the music industry.
We focus on music enterprise software development, modernizing complex legacy systems, data management, and integration while ensuring program delivery and ongoing support.
Areas of Competence
What We Do
Pursuing Innovation in the Music Industry
Data Analytics Platform for Record Label
DataArt’s team delivered a flawlessly crafted application that now forms the backbone of the client’s current enterprise system and has become one of the company’s major metric tools for artist managers and decision makers. Deployment of the solutions allowed the client to maintain a competitive advantage over rival companies and increase the number of artists currently managed by the company. Real-time aggregation of all major third-party data sources allows management to make business decisions based on actual statistical data instead of guesses and personal experience.
- Replaced about 300 existing applications
- 200+ sources including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Google, Deezer, Youtube Pandora, Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- 180+ TB of data in DW
- Importing 150 GB+ Daily
- Reporting and Visualization: Tableau, Custom Web and Mobile applications
DataArt developed a web-based application which allows labels and artists to effectively manage their releases and streamline music works identification and delivery to download/streaming platforms, complete with associated metadata and further unique label or artist information. The system also includes proprietary royalty accounting tools and serves to simplify conflict resolution which provides all options and benefits of YouTube conflict management, such as requesting and removing ownership, contacting owners and editing ownership information for every intellectual property asset.
- Full release lifecycle management and accounting reports
- Improved processing for large volume of data
- Data visibility with simple to read and comprehend charts which can be adjusted by different filters and views
- Integration with major music streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, etc)
- Asset conflict management integrated with YouTube CMS
DataArt helped a leading music distribution company to migration the core system that covers music, video, and podcast releases to the cloud and developed a custom analytical dashboard to upgrade and optimize the aggregation and visualization of their streaming data.
- Improved processing of large volume of data: daily: 150gb
- Historical data: 55 TB of raw data + 15 TB of processed data
- 25+ incoming feeds: integration with major music streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc)
- Data visibility with real-time diagrams that are simple to read and comprehend
- Charts by number of streams, top playlists, top audience; filters by date, source, artist, or track
Why Music Clients Choose Us
years in business
Member of the Music Business Association
Unparalleled ability to ramp up teams of all sizes
Flexible engagement models