There are no “vanilla” trading projects anymore. Compliance and regulatory requirements alone guarantee that. Rapidly changing competitive conditions mean that time to market needs to be in weeks and months, not years.
The massive expansion of product types and matching rules has only made things more complicated. Analytics have gone from optional to essential.
On top of this, user experiences have to be individually tailored and mobile.
DataArt brings its extensive domain expertise and technical prowess to help guide you successfully through the trading maze. We have completed projects across multiple asset classes through the full trading lifecycle, including:
- Market data.
- Front ends and algorithmic trading.
- Order & portfolio management.
- Matching engines.
- Risk management.
- Middle and back office reporting.
- Market surveillance and regulatory reporting.
Trading Front End Challenge:
A large options exchange was having problems with the system floor brokers and traders used to access the market. The existing technology was old and slow and bogged down in busy markets. It had problems coping with today’s complex order types and trader workflows. In addition, it was struggling to keep pace with compliance and regulatory reporting requirements.
DataArt developed a new system utilizing proven state of the art technologies. Performance and reliability were key requirements. The system had to stay up and stay fast during the most chaotic market conditions. It needed a user friendly interface and had to be mobile-capable.
The project also included an improved, robust reporting infrastructure. This was designed to be flexible enough to accommodate future compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Dramatically faster. Complex order processing reduced from 5 minutes to under one second.
- Tighter integration with market surveillance for improved regulatory compliance.
- Lower TCO due to improved automation and monitoring.
- Scalable to more than double the current user base.
- Fast, more user friendly UI with increased functionality.