5 November 2015
DataArt to Partner with Microsoft and Canonical at NY Open Source IoT Summit on Nov. 12
New York, Nov. 12, 2015 — DataArt, a technology consulting firm that creates end-to-end solutions, will partner with Microsoft and Canonical to host New York Open Source IoT Summit on November 12, 2015. The event will showcase industrial predictive maintenance and home IoT scenarios that can be prototyped, scaled and deployed in the cloud.
The following topics will be in focus at the Summit:
- How to create and package enterprise IoT apps
- Monetizing IoT and selling IoT apps through IoT app stores
- IoT security
- How to support different IoT standards
- How to connect IoT devices to the cloud and use Azure IoT services
- Open source tools to easily write and package IoT apps in any language
- Learn about DeviceHive, the open source IoT platform that greatly accelerates IoT product development
- How to automatically test changes and roll them out securely in production
- Sample Industrial IoT solutions like open source predictive maintenance
- Artyom Astafurov, Senior Vice President, DataArt, to go over deploying a scalable IoT data pipeline on Azure and walk through the process of deploying the core infrastructure: Ubuntu, Juju, Zookeeper, Mesos to scale out a solution. He will demonstrate implementation of DeviceHive, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and Zeppelin and explain how these components work together.
- Sergey Demyanov, DeviceHive Principal Architect, VP, DataArt,will talk about how Snappy for IoT is built and what's available to build a robust gateway platform on top of it. He will also cover the DeviceHive IoT toolkit and its uses.
- Stephane Verdy, Ubuntu, will introduce snappy Ubuntu Core. The ‘snappy’ system is a new rendition of Ubuntu that delivers high levels of robustness, transactional update and rollback of system components, together with application isolation and data protection.
November 12, 1-5pm
Microsoft’s New York Conference Center
11 Times Square, 6th Floor
Register at: http://opensourceiot.eventbrite.com
DataArt is a technology consulting firm that creates end-to-end solutions, from concept and strategy, to design, implementation and support, helping global clients in the financial services, healthcare, hospitality, media and IoT sectors achieve important business outcomes. Rooted in deep domain knowledge and technology expertise, DataArt designs new products, modernizes enterprise systems and provides managed services delivered by outstanding development teams in the U.S., UK, Central and Eastern Europe, and Latin America. As a recognized leader in business and technology services, DataArt has earned the trust of some of the world’s leading brands and most discerning clients, including McGraw-Hill Financial, Coller Capital, BankingUp, Ocado, artnet, Betfair, SkyScanner, Collette Vacations, Booker and Charles River Laboratories.
For more information please visit www.dataart.com
DeviceHive provides a solid foundation and building blocks to create or customize any IoT solution, bridging the gap between embedded development, cloud platforms, big data and client applications. DeviceHive provides all components necessary to build a secure, scalable, cloud-ready IoT solution.