Site Reliability Engineer, Communication Solutions
The client is an American company that's working in the communications solutions industry focused on large companies and corporations.
They specialize in services for sending voice and text messages, notifications, organizing online conferences, alerts about natural disasters, creating interactive voice menus and newsletters, sending messages on a schedule, etc.
We expected candidates to be ready work until 1 PM (EST) with the expectation that if there are any issues then there may be a need to work extended hours.ABOUT DATAART
- Proactive support and monitoring of system uptime, capacity planning, change management, and emergency response.
- Analyze and improve the availability, latency, performance, and efficiency of the client’s software stacks.
- Perform quantitative analysis to understand the events that disrupt functionality and to manage cross-team efforts to resolve those events.
- Build and manage systems through the use of infrastructure-as-code, configuration management tools, and best practices i.e. Terraform/Ansible/Puppet, Git workflows, etc.
- Leverage development skills to build custom tools, plugins, exporters, and applications for the purpose of managing infrastructure services and backend automation, monitoring, and analysis.
- Virtualization (vSphere) and Container (K8s) deployment and management.
- Log management & monitoring (ELK).
- Manage the monitoring and metrics systems (i.e. Nagios, Prometheus/Grafana, etc.), and develop custom plugins & exporters for these systems.
- Document important processes/procedures, and perform team training exercises as-needed.
- Work together with teams in other departments to find solutions and to drive RCA and reporting efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and DevOps practices
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep experience with Linux
- Automate-it-first attitude
- Experience working with gitfow-based configuration management
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible & Terraform)
- Experience deploying microservice-based mission-critical applications in a SaaS environment
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS)
- Experience with container management systems (Kubernetes)
- Deep Experience with version control & continuous integration tools (Gitlab)
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing & dynamic environment
- Good knowledge of designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Understanding how to develop automation in multiple languages, such as Python, BASH, etc.
- Spoken English.
Nice to have
- Some experience with a software development platform (C#, Python, Java)
- Experience designing/building CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory
- Understanding of OOP concepts and the SDLC
- Experience supporting database platforms (PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (Vagrant, Terraform, Packer, Vault)
- Experience with APMs (New Relic, Splunk, Datadog)
- Experience with log & metric management (ELK, Prometheus)
- Experience working on teams practicing agile development, continuous integration and automated testing.
Please send your CV and cover letter
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of bias including age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. DataArt is committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and bullying and ensuring all staff are treated, and treat others, with dignity and respect. Our commitment to promoting equal opportunities and creating the workplace free of harassment and discrimination is supported by the implementation of respective policies and controls, provides an appropriate environment to encourage good performance and conduct at all its working locations, at all times.
- Commitment to people is by far the highest value for DataArt
- 99% of Glassdoor reviewers would recommend DataArt to a friend as a place to work
- DataArt offers a rare work/life balance (Glassdoor work/life balance rating of 4.7)
- DataArt invests in long-term relationships with its employees
- Minimum bureaucracy
- Flexible work schedule
- Well-organized system of administrative services
- Flat, decentralized structure
- There are very few strict rules within DataArt
- While our values do not change, rules and policies are subject to discussion and change in response to changing context and circumstances
- Highly qualified professionals
- Supportive learning environment
- We don't believe in control or surveillance
- We avoid micromanagement
- Clear, universal rules and policies
- Open and accessible management
More vacancies in armenia
- Fullstack (React.js+Node.js) Developer, Educational Chatbot Learn more and apply
- Technical Support Engineer Learn more and apply
- Big Data Team Lead Learn more and apply
- Middle Salesforce Developer Learn more and apply
- Senior DevOps (Azure) Engineer Learn more and apply
- Java/Scala Developer Learn more and apply
- Fullstack (Node.js+React.js+) Developer, Marketing Software Solutions Learn more and apply
- NetSuite Developer Learn more and apply
- NetSuite Developer with SuiteCommerce Advanced Experience Learn more and apply
- Markit EDM Specialist, Multinational Financial Services Learn more and apply
- Middle .NET Engineer Learn more and apply
- Site Reliability Engineer, Communication Solutions Learn more and apply
- Senior Data Engineer Learn more and apply
- Intersystems Caché Developer Learn more and apply
- DevOps (Azure) Engineer Learn more and apply
- DevOps (GCP) Engineer Learn more and apply
- DevOps Engineer with AWS Experience, Internal Project Learn more and apply
- DevOps Engineer, Communications Services Learn more and apply
- Salesforce Technical Lead/Technical Architect Learn more and apply
- Senior Sitecore Developer, Global Workspace Provider Learn more and apply
- WAY4 Expert, Global Acquiring Platform Learn more and apply
- Payments Expert Learn more and apply